• Hello again!

I found a picture of the Volvo when I was just beginning to build it....

What a difference! =O

Much better! :top

Another video with my Faroe loader

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Greetings Calum

• Hello everyone!

A little project for the Volvo over the winter for me :rolleyes: A spare cab has been bought from Ebay for me to carry out a few changes

I would like to carry out the following

Fill all unused holes
    Fit proper Volvo mirrors
    Remove screws from rear cab support
    Make cab "pluggable"
    Improve interior appearance

The second hand cab parts showed up

Soaked in a bucket of brake cleaner :thumbup:

Cab washed and ready to fill and smooth holes

Plasticard added to parts of cab, also more added to rear of cab to stiffen it up around the mount

All the holes are filled and the new mirrors have been fitted :thumbup:

Collecting the parts

">

Greetings Calum

• Hello everyone,

A little more progress on the new cab, 2 new smaller beacons were fitted to the roof along with the spot light bar. Unused holes have been filled and a few smaller holes made for the spot lamp wiring.

Next was to make the cab "plugable" so there is no hinges or wires to remove to access for repairs.

10x15 aluminium angle cut to length and screwed to the original mounting points, the plug connector was added and screwed to the angle.

I have also started on the interior - I wanted to have the battery hidden from view so a wall has been added behind the seats. I will cover this in material and also fit LED's to the roof to brighten the appearance inside.

Fitted inside the cab :thumbup:

Here you can the connection for the cab inside

Slowly I have also wired up the rear lights and started to add side markers.

For the marker lights I used the design as "H. Vonrueden - Heinz" this uses 6 x 3 brass section and rectangular LED with a little shrink wrap. These brass pieces were simply glued on, there is one on the hydraulic tank and a further 2 have been fitted to the front wheel arches.

Tail lamps wired up too :thumbup:

Outside for a picture today, the next step is to clean everything and paint it!

"

Greetings Calum

• A video of the cab mount

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!